As part of providing the knowledgezone online training service we process personal data on behalf of our clients and their employees. This privacy statement outlines what data we collect, why we collect it and how we treat it whilst we are holding it.
What data do we collect and why?
We collect the names and email addresses of ‘students’ and ‘site administrators’, we hold these in order to control access to the system and to enable the employer to produce reports which will evidence their compliance with the relevant regulations. We classify student data as controlled by the employer whilst it is held on our systems, the knowledgezone do not process student data outside of the provision of access. Administrator email addresses will be added to our mailing lists of which we hold two, the first will inform administrators of service related communications, the second will provide administrators with information relating to new course additions. Both of these mailing lists form part of our legitimate interests as a training provider.
We do not pass any of your personal data to any third parties and all of our servers are based within the EU.
We do not delete any of your data when you leave your employment, although your employer may chose to do so. We will retain your personal data until our relationship no longer exists with your employer, at which point we will erase all of the employers records within one month of the service ending.
What are your rights with regards to your personal data?
You have a number of rights regarding how your data is processed and we would like you to understand these. However you should understand that knowledgezone is acting on behalf of your employer as a ‘data processor’ and therefore we can only act upon their instruction.
- You have the right to have personal data corrected if it is incorrect. If you think the personal data we hold on you is incorrect, we provide you with the ability to correct this on our portal. You can however ask your employer to correct this for you, if for example you no longer have access to the portal.
- You have the right to have your personal data deleted. If you want to do this, you should request this of your employer as they will remain the data controller and therefore they will determine how it will be deleted.
- You have the right to have data transferred to another party. If asked we will assist your employer in fulfilling this right for you.
- You have the right of access to your data, if you require access to your data you should request it from your employer.
- You have the right to register a complaint regarding the use of your personal data to a supervisory authority at any time. The UK’s supervisory authority is the Information Commissioners Office details of which can be found at ico.org.uk
- The knowledgezone undertakes automated assessment marking, if you believe that a decision made in this way is incorrect you can ask for a person to review the decision for you.
- Your personal data will not be processed in any countries outside of the EU.
knowledgezone is a trading name of ProvePrivacy Limited which is registered in England & Wales: Company Number 11647885
If you have any concerns about your personal data you can raise these with or registered office to: Company Secretary, 73 Moorclose Road, Queensbury, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD13 2EB.